Looking for a property manager or co-host in Riviera Beach, Fl

10 Replies

Hi BPers,

I'm actively searching for an investment property in Riviera Beach area of Florida for short term rental and will need a property manager or co-host to coordinate cleanings, maintenance and any questions from renters. Does anyone offer this service or know someone I could contact?

Hi Lynn,

Congratulations on your new venture!

Are you looking for a full-service property manager who will handle everything, leaving you completely hands off?

Are you planning on being somewhat involved?

Are you considering handling everything yourself? 

From your message it does not sound like you are interested in handling everything yourself but I just wanted to be sure you knew that it actually is possible for you to do so, even if you don't like close to your investment property. It all depends on how much you want to be involved.

The more you do yourself, the more revenue you keep. The less you do yourself, you'll keep less revenue.

I'm sorry that I do not have any contacts for property management companies in Riviera Beach.

But you might consider the second option and hire a booking service to handle all of the time-consuming tasks of managing a short term rental. A service like this will handle all of your property's advertisements, inquiries, communicate with interested travelers, handle the reservations from confirmed guests including communicating with them, making sure they sign a rental agreement, sending check-in instructions, follow up requests for reviews, communicate with your housekeeping staff to notify them of new bookings and more. With a service like this the property owner is usually responsible for making sure the property is furnished & supplied adequately, maintained properly, reporting & paying applicable sales tax, hiring a good, dependable housekeeping service & handling any maintenance issues that might come up during a guests stay.

The difference between the two services is the amount of commission you will pay: a full-service property management company can charge anywhere between 20% - 60% or more, depending on the location of the property and its market. A booking service will charge a fraction of that. 

My husband & I own 4 vacation rental properties and none of them are what I consider "close" by. One is 1.5 hours away from where we live in CO, two are in FL and one is in VA. We self-manage all of them. But, that is my "job"; I am semi-retired and handle all of the management of our properties myself. It is time-consuming (if you do it the right way) but I enjoy it. I also manage the bookings for other clients as well.

Best wishes in your new endeavor!

Valerie

@Valerie Rogers

What platforms do you use for your bookkeeping services? It sounds like a viable solution for some STR owners.

Hey @Lynn Ramdin !  If you can't find anyone locally to do it, Evolve Vacation Rentals can manage any property in the U.S. for a flat rate of 10%.  Their business model is that they manage remotely and have partnerships with local vendors to handle cleaning, linens, etc.  I manage here in Denver and offer a remote management plan for 5% where we optimize your listing and handle all communication if you're willing to find a reliable cleaner, it might save you some money in the long run.  

Another way to find help is directly through Airbnb.  If you already have an account there should be a tab called "Get Hosting Help" up near the upper right hand corner of the page.  It takes some navigating to get to but if you can find it it will show you a list of local co-hosts in your area.  You can reach out to them directly and get quotes fairly quickly.  

I'll also say that if you haven't purchased a property yet it can definitely be a huge benefit to start working with a property manager now rather than after you buy.  A PM that specializes in short term rentals will have way more knowledge about actually running the business than a broker will, and can help you pick the right properties and avoid costly mistakes.  I work closely with a realtor here in Denver to provide the best possible advice when picking an investment property.  

I hope this helps point you in the right direction, and good luck with your search!

Best,

Tyler

Originally posted by @Nancy Bachety :

@Valerie Rogers

What platforms do you use for your bookkeeping services? It sounds like a viable solution for some STR owners.

Hi Nancy,

My service (VRAssist) is a marketing & booking service (not a bookeeping service.) Did I misunderstand your question?

Are you asking what listing sites I advertise my properties &  my clients' properties on? If so, we use VRBO/Homeaway, Airbnb & TripAdvisor.

If I did not correctly understand your question please let me know.

Valerie

no, I misread. Are you comparable to Evolve at 10%? I like the business model.

@Valerie Rogers Thank you for your information. I would be interested in learning more about your services. May I send you a connection request?

@Tyler Work Thank you for your valuable information and well wishes. I am planning on inquiring on Airbnb as well.

Originally posted by @Nancy Bachety :

no, I misread. Are you comparable to Evolve at 10%? I like the business model.

Hi Nancy,

I had been retired from my career at VRBO/Homeaway for 6 months when I started VRAssist. I had too much time on my hands so I decided to leverage my knowledge and experience in the short term rental industry to help other owners manage their properties' bookings. When I started my business in 2014 I had never heard of Evolve. It is ironic that their business and mine are both located in Denver. But yes, the services I offer are similar to those offered by Evolve.

The biggest difference between my service and Evolve is the size of our businesses. Evolve has thousands of clients and VRAssist does not. VRAssist has a small, select clientele and is therefore able to provide very personalized, detailed and attentive service to our clients. VRAssist clients’ properties are not just one of thousands…a small fish in a big pond. Each one of our clients’ properties is a large part of our business and therefore each receives the care and attention they deserve. (I am not saying anything negative about the level of service that Evolve provides since I have no experience with them. I'm stating the obvious, that their business is much larger than mine.)

At a quick glance here are the main differences between our services:

• Evolve provides a listing advertisement for their clients including professional photographs. VRAssist can provide a listing advertisement if the owner does not already have one, but we use the photos provided to us by the owner of the property. (We DO encourage our owners to hire a professional photographer to take photos of their properties.) If the owner of the property already has their own listing on sites like VRBO, Airbnb, etc, we can use their current advertising if the owner prefers instead of creating a new listing for the property (while at Evolve you do not have the option of using your current advertisements.)
  • Evolve offers local service providers to their clients, such as housekeeping services, maintenance services, etc. VRAssist clients have the opportunity to personally interview and contract their own local service providers, making sure that their property will be cared for at the level and manner that is important to the client. Your property will be handled by professionals that you choose and not by an anonymous service unknown to you.

My career experience at VRBO/Homeaway is what I can offer that others (including Evolve) cannot. I am also an owner of vacation rental properties myself so I understand how important it is to protect that investment with best practices I’ve learned over the years of my experience in this industry. In short, we use the same best practices to manage our clients' properties that we use to manage my own.

I hope this helps! Feel free to send me a private message if you'd like more information.

Valerie

Originally posted by @Lynn Ramdin :

@Valerie Rogers Thank you for your information. I would be interested in learning more about your services. May I send you a connection request?

Hi Lynn,

See the post I just made (above) that gives a little more information about my service. I just sent a contact request to you.

Regards,

Valerie

Hi Lynn,

My business only services Tampa but I wanted to reach out and let you know about us anyways. Had your property been in Tampa I would be exactly what you are looking for. If you ever find yourself looking for an investment property in my area or maybe just advice on managing a STR in Florida, feel free to reach out! Best of luck down there!

V/r

Jared Higginbotham

CEO & Co-Founder

Teal Door Hosting

Originally posted by @Jared Higginbotham :

Hi Lynn,

My business only services Tampa but I wanted to reach out and let you know about us anyways. Had your property been in Tampa I would be exactly what you are looking for. If you ever find yourself looking for an investment property in my area or maybe just advice on managing a STR in Florida, feel free to reach out! Best of luck down there!

V/r

Jared Higginbotham

CEO & Co-Founder

Teal Door Hosting

Jared,

I am looking to purchase a property in the Tampa area for short term rental and as a vacation home. I would like to learn more about how to find an investment that will cash flow well while I am not there.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here