How do I find the AirDNA cities rated "A+"

How do I find the AirDNA cities rated "A+"

Rental Property Investor · Castle Rock, CO · Member since 2017 · 335 posts · 387 votes

AirDNA's Market Minder provides fantastic information on STR in cities all over the country and gives them a grade from F to A+. BUT, you have to buy them one by one before you find out the grade. I want to buy 3-4 of the reports to decide where to invest in AirBnB properties, but I want to find the A's. Does anyone know how to find the cities rated "A"?

0Reply
18 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · North Fork, NY · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 631 votes
    8y

    They examine purchase price and compare it with STR rents, to put it simply. To determine that yourself, determine a property you'd buy for STR then research on Airbnb or vrbo what the demand and rates and occupancy are in the same area. You will trust them if you buy the reports but you will end up verifying anyway.

    Also consider: is the A area where you would even consider buying into? Would you be comfortable if the house was x miles away from you.

    I would (and am) selecting where I would want to be, then finding listings on Airbnb, then finding properties, on market. If it makes sense, it makes sense. 

    Let us know what you decide.

  • Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 533 posts · 433 votes
    8y

    Hi Tim,

    Airdna has a product called Investment Explorer.  Reach out to them and they'll get you the details.  @Nancy Bachety has a good methodology as well, but also make sure to check local regulations and laws. Avoid HOA when and wherever possible.

    Best of luck,

    Mike

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.