Is there any kind of an "AIRDNA" service, but for VRBO instead?

4 Replies

Hello, is there any type of an "AIRDNA.CO" service, but one which focuses on VRBO rentals instead of AIRBNB rentals?  Anything like that for VRBO?  Thank you.

@Robin Gross not that I have seen. But I don't think it should matter. Airbnb has a vastly bigger market share than VRBO. Airdna is a way to get market research. VRBO and Airbnb are just platforms for marketing your property. You get the data to use as a comparison, then to me it won't matter if market your short term rental on VRBO, Homestay or any other similar site.

Thanks, Andrew!  I appreciate the advice.

Robin, MashVisor claims to use VRBO data as well as Airbnb to estimate income. I used it for a month but found it highly inaccurate for the areas I was studying.

I've wondered that myself. In our area (Asheville, NC) AirBnb is really not as popular at HomeAway/VRBO so Airdna doesn't have enough data to be accurate. 

One thing I have done is ask local vacation rental management companies for quotes. They tend to have quite a lot of data and will tell you how much revenue you can expect to make from a given property. Then you can do your own math depending on your own expenses to calculate what your return might be. You'll also learn a lot about what your competition is doing in the process. It's a rough estimate but better than just going by nightly rates and occupancy from HomeAway listings. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.