Votes
Bruce Wofford
  • Shawnee Mission, KS
Votes |
Accounting Software for Vacation Rental

Bruce Wofford
  • Shawnee Mission, KS
Posted Dec 3 2017, 21:52

Our family here in the Kansas City metro just formed an LLC to purchase a vacation rental property (3BR, 3BA condo) in a Colorado resort area. For at least the immediate term, we will continue using the incumbent property management company; thankfully, there are a number of established contenders in the area. Meanwhile I have been assigned the task of bookkeeper and I would greatly appreciate any suggestions any of you might pass along.

I signed up for a 30-day trial of the web-based accounting package Xero, which I know has far greater capability than I need. However if it helps me record the basic transactions that will drive the required quarterly reports for the family and for our tax accountant, then it doesn't matter if I'm not using all its features.

What I would really appreciate from any of you would be one or more recommendations of sources for best practices for those in my situation. Product tutorials would be helpful but so too would be any overviews in the broader context of tracking finances associated with a vacation rental property. Many thanks in advance,

Bruce Wofford, Lenexa, Kansas

Loading replies...