Fire Extinguisher Recall

Fire Extinguisher Recall

Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 241 posts · 254 votes

Most jurisdictions require STRs to have fire extinguishers installed/provided. I just had an inspection and the fire inspector noted that my extinguishers were all part of a recall from Kidde. I doubt I am the only one that has these so thought I would share the recall info.

https://www.kidde.com/home-safety/en/us/support/pr...

"November 2, 2017 - In conjunction with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Kidde announced a recall to replace certain Kidde fire extinguishers. The replacement program was initiated because certain fire extinguishers can become clogged or require excessive force to activate, posing a risk of failure to discharge. In addition, the nozzle can detach with enough force to pose an impact hazard. The product recall involves two styles of Kidde disposable fire extinguishers: plastic handle fire extinguishers and plastic push-button fire extinguishers."

1Reply
12 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Peter R.Pro Member
    Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 152 posts · 86 votes
    8y

    We had a couple of those, pretty annoying but we swapped them out.  I hadn't gotten around to doing anything about a refund so this was a good reminder, thanks!

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 241 posts · 254 votes
    8y

    I have to say, mine were 8 years old and they swapped them for new. A bit of trouble but saved me about $300 as they would soon be due for replacement. Plus the savings of not having them serviced this year.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.