Software for Airbnb Cleaning

15 Replies

How do you guys keep your cleaners on schedule? Any software recommendations to share your booking calendar with your cleaners to keep them on schedule?

I can sync my VRBO calendar to my or someone else's Gmail calendar. My Airbnb syncs with VRBO. Not sure if Airbnb can do this on it's own or not but it should.

@Collin S. , I actually built an automation hack with a product called Automate.io alongside Google Calendar and Mailchimp.  Using the 3 of them in series I have a free automated email communication template that feeds from my primary Google Calendar.  

Basically it works like this, I get an email that I have a booking. I throw that into my Google Calendar (takes < 1 minute) and Automate.IO scans the change to my calendar and updates my Mailchimp list which is used for guest pre/post email communication and sends a formatted email with the booking dates to my cleaners with a hyperlink to that calendar.  I note in the email to confirm the cleaning just to be sure they received it. 

Once again, all free! 

If you ever want to learn more let me know, I do have a post on BP on how I originally built it but need to update it with my latest version when I have time. :)  I also want to spend some time automating the booking email to go straight into my calendar if possible, then it will be 100% hands-off intake except for putting the guest into my digital door locks. :-)

Cheers!

I just started using a free tool called Turnoverbnb.com  Free to use unless you use their cleaning crews (I do not).  Works very well and allows my cleaners to access their own app and manage their schedule.  Sync's with Airbnb and VRBO/HA just fine.

@Collin S.  - I use a simple Google sheets spreadsheet with my cleaner. Feel free to PM me for it. It has columns for Property address, Guest name, Check-in date, Check-out date, Cleaning window start, Cleaning window end, Cleaning scheduled by, Cleaning completed by and Notes. Each time I get a booking, I fill in the first 6 columns (takes 1-2 min) and text my cleaner to confirm she can do it during the Cleaning window before the next guest.

I manage 8 furnished rentals in the Bay Area, mostly just south of San Francisco. And my minimum booking is 30 days so this system takes me about 5 minutes a week to manage. But if you do a lot of short-term stays or have many units, then you may want a more automated solution like

@Michael Greenberg or

@Jon Crosby

I use Properly. Syncs with all major Channel calendars. It has an app that my cleaners download and I am able to push jobs to them. Works very well. 

They also have a list of cleaners in your area that are using the app that you can push jobs to. I've actually found new cleaners this way. 

There's lots of other useful features. Costs about $100/year. Highly recommend. 

I use OwnerRez booking software, which does third party alerts for new bookings, cancellations, and date changes. This notifies both Housekeeping and Front Desk/Reservations staff. It also allows me to grant limited access to both these staff and owners that I manage for, so that they can view my actual calendars, no need to sync anything.
OwnerRez really did change the way I run my business and freed up a ton of time. They offer a free trial and have amazing support staff in place.

I looked at Properly, but would have to train my staff on a new system if I had wanted to use that. One thing that Properly does seem to offer is a marketplace for finding additional staff. However, the pool of available housekeepers depends on them already knowing about and using it. In my areas, there were none registered with the app.

Originally posted by @Anand S. :

I use Properly. Syncs with all major Channel calendars. It has an app that my cleaners download and I am able to push jobs to them. Works very well. 

They also have a list of cleaners in your area that are using the app that you can push jobs to. I've actually found new cleaners this way. 

There's lots of other useful features. Costs about $100/year. Highly recommend. 

Hi @AnandS. - are you still using Properly and would you still highly recommend it as a way to coordinate cleanings? Do you use the visual checklists and before and after pictures that Properly is able to do? I'm new to the STR game and came across this software and it looks like it would be extremely valuable. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks for your time in advance.

Todd

Originally posted by @Garry C. :

I use OwnerRez booking software, which does third party alerts for new bookings, cancellations, and date changes. This notifies both Housekeeping and Front Desk/Reservations staff. It also allows me to grant limited access to both these staff and owners that I manage for, so that they can view my actual calendars, no need to sync anything.
OwnerRez really did change the way I run my business and freed up a ton of time. They offer a free trial and have amazing support staff in place.

I looked at Properly, but would have to train my staff on a new system if I had wanted to use that. One thing that Properly does seem to offer is a marketplace for finding additional staff. However, the pool of available housekeepers depends on them already knowing about and using it. In my areas, there were none registered with the app.

Hi Garry - I'm also interested in a STR property management software like OwnerRez. I've seen reviews and demo's of it along with several others. Do you have any experience with any other STR management software? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Todd

Originally posted by @Todd Martin :
Hi Garry - I'm also interested in a STR property management software like OwnerRez. I've seen reviews and demo's of it along with several others. Do you have any experience with any other STR management software? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Todd 

Hi Todd,
Yes, I've used and tested a few other things in the past. OwnerRez beats them all, hands down. Give it a go, try your own demo of it, you'll see. Feel free to reach out to me directly if you want to discuss it further, I can give you some tips and tricks once you get it up and running.

@Collin S. Most of the options seemed covered. I’m using TurnoverBnB now, largely because it’s free if paying cleaners directly. God awful UI and the phone app is a UI disaster, but it works and allows cleaners to have an auditable checklist where they can upload images and report back any issues they find.

I tied Properly like others. Better Mobile app, but the visual checklists were too limiting and tedious to maintain and I simply didn’t feel the value was there to pay for it.

As others have said, for the basics you can just give cleaners the link to your Airbnb or HomeAway calendar, though you’d still need to setup a google Form or other survey software if you wanted to replicate the kind of templated checklist capability that the purpose built platforms mentioned above offer.

TurnoverBnB also offers a way for guests to report early checkout via a custom QR code that immediately notifies your cleaners, which I suppose could be useful for situations where you’re dealing with same day turnovers.

Hope this keeps!