Votes
Jen Faulkner
  • Peoria, IL
Votes |
Use your rental as a fundraiser?

Jen Faulkner
  • Peoria, IL
Posted Jan 21 2019, 06:52

How would you respond to a request to use your rental for a fundraiser?  I don't feel like it would really benefit me to do this.  My name on a banner probably wouldn't get much attention.  Our rentals are in Branson, MO.  Here is a message I received through AirBnb.

"Hi Jen!

My name is Cora McCall. My husband and I are the youth leaders at Redemption Road Church in Winfield MO. We are putting together a fundraiser to support our youth mission trip this summer, where we will be serving the Cincinnati OH community through serving in local food pantries, nursing homes, and helping with childcare programs like the Boys and Girls Clubs. This fundraiser will be a 5-star event with an elegant candlelit dinner, DJ & dancing, and “datenight raffle baskets” that will include a fun night out with dinner and all the trimmings. I would LOVE to be able to top off this event by having a “Weekend Getaway” basket to include a 2-night stay in Branson, and tickets to Silver Dollar City. I have been searching for the perfect getaway location and I would LOVE to be able to feature your beautiful condo in this give away! For your generosity, I would include your name/condo displayed on a banner showing all of the amazing sponsors for this event! I'd be happy to send you our Datenight Fundraiser flyer, Mission Trip flyer, and official Donation Letter. Please let me know if you would consider partnering with us on this fundraiser. Thank you so much for your consideration, we greatly appreciate it and I look forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks!
Cora McCall (Phone number hidden by Airbnb)"

Loading replies...