Skip to content
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Gui Qiu
Votes |
Can I self-help evict guest on a daily rental agreement?

Gui Qiu
Posted Feb 2 2019, 09:29

complete discussion at : https://airhostsforum.com/t/how-do-i-remove-these-...

I am a Airbnb Host in Riverside, CA, I had two guests who is a couple, got 14 reviews with all 5 star, was on my house in Jan 3 to 5 , after they left for a while ,they come back without using Airbnb, knock my door and asked for help as they have no else where to go because of some life problems

so I let them stayed since JAN/12/2019 in a corner of my house for $10 per night

however they are not paying the rent since JAN/21/2019 and refuse to leave, since they were unable to pay at that time ,I let her give me her laptop to ensure she will make the payments later.

this is where things getting out of control, she thinks she got an agreement , the girl was damaged my property and I have my other lodger text me about her unsafe behavior,threatening others, arguing, loud and noisy, which is still in my phone as proof.

after this happened ,I have returned the laptop to her and she signed another document, state that the laptop is returned and no payment is paid.

I already send her 3 days to quit notice on JAN/30/2019 and her “agreement” ends in FEB/09/2019, only the girl is on the agreement however her boyfriend is also staying.

now she claims that she is mentally disabled ,and whatever she did was when she is not taking her medicine , and I cant refuse to rent to her just because she did not take medicine.

she said that by not renting to her , but still renting to other person would be a discrimination, and she also think she can make me in problem as I rent a space that is not a actual bedroom.

in this case, how do I move her out of my way? in the “agreement”, I clearly state that they are just lodger but also used the word “rent”, since they are staying in same house as me, cant I just lock them out without court processing?

any sussgestion would be great!

Loading replies...