• Investor
  • Sayulita, Nayarit
Votes |
Travel Nurse, 30+ day stay business model

Justin Ash
  • Investor
  • Sayulita, Nayarit
Posted May 19 2019, 20:25

I have a property in Lakewood, WA and started renting rooms out in a SFR/1824 sq ft/3+ bed/2 bath. The property is a rambler with a large living room addition (which includes the other bath) that I converted into a studio/ househack while I was living there.

I happened to stumble across the travel nurse market because there 5 hospitals in the area all within 10-20 minute drive from property. 

Since I have become a digital nomad entrepreneur I have put a tenant into the studio (1 year lease) for discounted rent to help with the cleaning, yard maintenance, etc.

I am looking for creative ways to improve the cashflow...

1. How can I gain exposure to more markets besides Airbnb?  Tokeet? Guesty?

2. My thoughts are that if I can get better demand, I can charge a higher price per night?

3. Does it make sense to have a tenant to manage property?  I have been running numbers and it seems like I could get better results by leasing to a tenant at full market price and outsourcing the cleaning/ yard maintenace?

4. The elctricity bill seems to be much higher in the winter when I am not there. Can I negotiate w/ the electricity company? Is there a different heating system I could invest in to keep these costs lower?

5. I am also building relationships with the travel nurse companies and have found resources. Are there any other creattive ways to help me decrease vacancy, improve occupancy, and get the highest price per night?

6. Also, my insurance on this property jumped up 200% because I deeded it into LLC, how can I reduce this cost?

Thank you in advance!

Loading replies...