Homee App for Repair Requests

5 Replies

Hey guys! Wanted to see if anyone has experience using Homee for repairs in their rentals. I recently leased our first property the Houston area and haven't had any repair requests yet, but heard of homee and it sounds like a great tool if you haven't yet established a reliable network of contractors to service your home when something comes up. I would imagine that it could still come in handy even if you do have your network in place because I would imagine there are times where people just aren't available in a timely manner.

Thoughts?

You posted this in the vacation rental forum by mistake I assume.

I have people text me on my long term rentals and I text my handyman. I don't need an app.

@Whitney Breedlove Thanks for sharing, I will check this out! I'm all for streamlining processes via technology.  But, in the end, my ideal scenario is always going to be having a shortlist of contractors on speed dial that I trust or have personally vetted.  I also leverage Home Warranty when possible but as you mentioned sometimes you need instant help which this might be a good resource for...so thanks again for sharing! 

Originally posted by @John Underwood :

I have people text me on my long term rentals and I text my handyman. I don't need an app.

YOU don't need an app.  Congrats.  But your system doesn't scale.  If someone is looking to grown beyond a small handful of locations, it's best to come up with your software solution on how to handle it.   Come up with how you want to manage your goal # of units with your very first one.

Originally posted by @Cody L. :
Originally posted by @John Underwood:

YOU don't need an app.  Congrats.  But your system doesn't scale.  If someone is looking to grown beyond a small handful of locations, it's best to come up with your software solution on how to handle it.   Come up with how you want to manage your goal # of units with your very first one.

I can do this with 100 properties because I have systems, contractors I can depend upon and I have trained my tenants.

I do most things myself, unless it involves sewage or involves the electric line between the pole and the breaker box.