User Stats

Votes
Maan Najjar
Votes |
Self-managing my first STR in Smoky Mountains

Maan Najjar
Posted Aug 25 2019, 07:55

Hello all,

Few months ago I purchased my first property in the smoky mountains in Pigeon Forge. Initially signed up for property management for few months before I'm mentally prepared to start self-managing. Now I finally did it, I gave 2 months notice to the property manager and set up my listing in Airbnb & Homeaway and opened up the calendar for November & December. I'm very impressed with Airbnb, I already received four bookings in Airbnb (although I may initially set the prices lower than average which attracted quick bookings). 

My first guest checks in November 1st, and I'm planning to travel to the property next month and start preparations. My first thoughts is to install keyless doorlock, ecobee and make sure kitchen has everything needed by guests. And of course make sure the property is comfortable and clean.

As for cleaning & maintenance, I found few companies who can take care of that. But I was wondering if fellow BP members have recommendations for cleaners & handymen, I would really appreciate recommendations! Also I was wondering what is usually recommended for Hot tub maintenance, is it done on weekly or monthly basis ?

Excited to start the journey!

Thanks,

Maan

Loading replies...