• Property Manager
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
STRs | Best method to manage supplies in your vacation rentals

Sofia Sharkey
  • Property Manager
  • Kansas City, MO
Posted Feb 20 2020, 14:15

Up to this point I have relied on the cleaners to let me know what supplies are low and I also drive to the units with enough frequency to note what needs to be purchased. I'm ready to systematize this process and wonder if any of you have a method you love to purchase and track supplies. 

At first, I thought of developing my own spreadsheet that includes the products I need for each of the units, the purchase date, the quantity, etc. Then, I wondered if there is already an app where I can just select my unit and click on what I need. Ideally something my cleaner could also access to let me know what's low so I get a consolidated list. 

For now, I'm creating a laminated page with all the supply items so my cleaner can just mark what's low, take a picture and send it to me. I'll also have one universal list that I will use to buy bulk supplies (hopefully from one single vendor) so that re-stocking is only done every so often.  

Any thoughts, suggestions, or ideas are welcomed! 

I would especially like to hear from members who have multiple units (ideally more than 10) as I'm looking for a scalable method. Thanks! 

Loading replies...