• Real Estate Agent
  • Englewood/Venice FL
Votes |
Vacation Rental Electronic Lock Recommendation Beach Home

Bill Williams
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Englewood/Venice FL
Posted Aug 11 2020, 06:14

I am replacing the front door on my beach home turning the property into an STR AirBnB rental. I want to install a durable electronic lock that can handle the environment and doesn't have battery issues. Can anyone recommend a quality electronic lock system?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 16 2023, 06:07

There are several electronic lock systems that are designed to be durable and handle harsh environments. Some popular options include:

1. 1. Schlage Connect: This lock is weather-resistant and has a built-in alarm to alert you of potential intrusions.
  2. 2. Kwikset Smartcode 916: This lock has a tamper-proof cover to protect the keypad from the elements and has a long battery life.
  3. 3. Ultraloq U-Bolt Pro: This lock is weather-proof and can withstand temperatures from -4 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. It has a backlit keypad and fingerprint scanner for added security.
  4. 4. Yale Assure Lock SL: This lock is weather-resistant and has a touch screen keypad for easy entry.

It's important to also consider the type of door you have and the environment it will be exposed to, when choosing the right electronic lock system. You can also check with locksmith Westcombe Park, they might have a better idea of which lock will work best in your area and they can also install the lock for you.

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jan 16 2023, 06:20

August Lock. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes