• Spokane, WA
Votes |
Summerlin (Las Vegas) Long Term AirBNB

Steve Porter
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Spokane, WA
Posted Jun 13 2021, 10:26

Hello BP community!

My family and I are looking at buying a house in the Summerlin area (of Las Vegas) with the intention of doing a long term AirBNB (31+ days) and also using it as a vacation home for our family when its not being used.

A couple of questions: 

* Are there any specific AirBNB laws that I need to watch out for even with it being a long term rental only? 

* Would you suggest reaching out to a real estate attorney? If so, any recommendations?

* What is something you did not know when you first got started that you wish you did? Specific to Las Vegas or LTR AirBNB.

Thanks in advance for your insight!

Steve

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Replied Jun 13 2021, 10:48
I have one in Summerlin I dont believe there is any issue with city of Las Vegas as long as your 31+ days.. a lot of props in HOA's there though so check them .. Mine allow rentals of greater than 30 days.

User Stats

Votes
Steve Porter
  • Spokane, WA
Votes |
  • Spokane, WA
Replied Jun 13 2021, 18:10

Thanks Jay! I will be sure to check the CC&R's for any properties I am considering. Have you had a good experience with your AirBNB in Summerlin? Would you do it again? 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes