Do you ever want to stop talking to your guests???

10 Replies

Sometimes I don’t want to hear from them no matter what: your house is beautiful, the fireplace doesn’t work, can we get an early check in, we loved our stay, the house was struck by lightning and the Internet is down, great location etc. whatever it is. What do you do then?  I know, surely this will pass but what do you do when and if you get that fleeting feeling?

I figured that was coming but I'm at a loss to understand how to get it started, logistically. I can, and have, read about others success with VA's but for me, it's foreign to me still.

I hit them up for a beer and shot.  Then they offer me some food.  It turns into a party.  One time I ended up staying at a place until 2am.

@Paul Sandhu is of course on target.....

We had a couple of young ladies staying at one of our places a week ago, and they liked to party.....so do we, so a couple of long nights ensued...we even went out to dinner together! Fun times......the missus got a little tweaked because they were hot, but I behaved myself extremely well, you guys would have been proud of me....

They've already scheduled 2 more visits for 2022.... :-)

@Nancy Bachety Maybe not your thing, but when you get guests complaining, throw a beer and a shot in front of them....?

@Bruce Woodruff Ha, we’ve been known to put down a few but most guests are not nearby. We do leave couples a bottle of wine at the Sag Harbor and Amelia Island places and leave them alone. That $6 bottle goes a long way.

Some of my repeat renters will show up to my house. They know I have a 2 spigot kegerator in my garage. 

Originally posted by @Nancy Bachety :

@Bruce Woodruff Ha, we’ve been known to put down a few but most guests are not nearby. We do leave couples a bottle of wine at the Sag Harbor and Amelia Island places and leave them alone. That $6 bottle goes a long way.

Yes it does help if they are close by ....

If I may ask, which brand do you get for $6 that is good? Asking for the guests of course. :-)

Im sorry @Nancy Bachety !  Host fatigue is real.  @Joshua Strickland and @Luke Carl nailed it on the head in my opinion.  This is the turning point for most entrepreneurs.  The point where you finally have to train capable people and let go.  I can tell you though that once you do it you will never go back.  The people I hired do the job better than I do and now I focus on GROWING my business.  Feel free to reach out if want some help with the process.