Do you ever want to stop talking to your guests???

Do you ever want to stop talking to your guests???

Rental Property Investor · North Fork, NY · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 631 votes

Sometimes I don’t want to hear from them no matter what: your house is beautiful, the fireplace doesn’t work, can we get an early check in, we loved our stay, the house was struck by lightning and the Internet is down, great location etc. whatever it is. What do you do then?  I know, surely this will pass but what do you do when and if you get that fleeting feeling?

0Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Flowery Branch, GA · Member since 2019 · 413 posts · 412 votes
5y

Virtual Assistant time!

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Flowery Branch, GA · Member since 2019 · 413 posts · 412 votes
    5y

    Virtual Assistant time!

  • Rental Property Investor · North Fork, NY · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 631 votes
    5y

    I figured that was coming but I'm at a loss to understand how to get it started, logistically. I can, and have, read about others success with VA's but for me, it's foreign to me still.

  • Luke CarlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    5y

    @Nancy Bachety Yup it's time to hire someone to do it for you because like it or not, as you know, that's the gig! Just give me a call I'll walk you through it I've hired several. I'm pretty sure you have my number.

    Rock n roll

  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y

    I hit them up for a beer and shot.  Then they offer me some food.  It turns into a party.  One time I ended up staying at a place until 2am.

  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    5y

    @Paul Sandhu is of course on target.....

    We had a couple of young ladies staying at one of our places a week ago, and they liked to party.....so do we, so a couple of long nights ensued...we even went out to dinner together! Fun times......the missus got a little tweaked because they were hot, but I behaved myself extremely well, you guys would have been proud of me....

    They've already scheduled 2 more visits for 2022.... :-)

    @Nancy Bachety Maybe not your thing, but when you get guests complaining, throw a beer and a shot in front of them....?

  • Rental Property Investor · North Fork, NY · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 631 votes
    5y

    @Bruce Woodruff Ha, we’ve been known to put down a few but most guests are not nearby. We do leave couples a bottle of wine at the Sag Harbor and Amelia Island places and leave them alone. That $6 bottle goes a long way.

  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y

    Some of my repeat renters will show up to my house. They know I have a 2 spigot kegerator in my garage. 

  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Nancy Bachety:

    @Bruce Woodruff Ha, we’ve been known to put down a few but most guests are not nearby. We do leave couples a bottle of wine at the Sag Harbor and Amelia Island places and leave them alone. That $6 bottle goes a long way.

    Yes it does help if they are close by ....

    If I may ask, which brand do you get for $6 that is good? Asking for the guests of course. :-)

  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Paul Sandhu:

    Some of my repeat renters will show up to my house. They know I have a 2 spigot kegerator in my garage. 

     What's your address.....errr for business purposes only of course!!

  • Investor · South Jordan, UT · Member since 2016 · 89 posts · 72 votes
    5y

    Im sorry @Nancy Bachety!  Host fatigue is real.  @Joshua Strickland and @Luke Carl nailed it on the head in my opinion.  This is the turning point for most entrepreneurs.  The point where you finally have to train capable people and let go.  I can tell you though that once you do it you will never go back.  The people I hired do the job better than I do and now I focus on GROWING my business.  Feel free to reach out if want some help with the process.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.