• Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
Phoenix, AZ: Inactive License, New Agent & Finding The Right Firm

Nicholas Searles
  • Lender
  • Phoenix, AZ
Posted Aug 4 2018, 16:35

Hello!

I moved to Phoenix, AZ in March 2017 from Miami, FL with my girlfriend after she got a new position, and immediately got my Real Estate License (former career in college athletics). I initially got started with a smaller brokerage firm, but the training just wasn't there. We needed additional income as we were purchasing our home, so I got a job at a financial firm (had to inactivate my license) and have been there ever since. I am ready to move full-time into the real estate industry, with the right move.

End goal is to get involved in real estate investing (fix and flips mostly), but do not have the capital to jump into that yet. My thought was to spend some time, using my license, learning the industry and gaining knowledge of the area, while generating the necessary capital to eventually go that route.

I know the Arizona School of Business and Real Estate has job fairs every so often, and I believe the next one is at the end of the month, which I plan on attending. If anyone has any other suggestions on trying to get in with a brokerage firm, I would greatly appreciate the feedback! Even if it is just how you got started with your firm.

How receptive are firms with potential agents walking in and inquiring about job openings? Is it worth reaching out to firms via their websites/contact information to try and set something up?

I have heard a lot of good things about Keller Williams, in general, nothing specifically about the offices here in Phoenix, but I know their training is highly spoken for. I think training/mentorship is going to be a big factorfor me, the commission split/fees not so much right off the bat - I know I can succeed, just need to get myself off on the right foot.

Really appreciate any help/information on this!

Thank you!

Nick

Loading replies...