Arizona (Phoenix or nearby) Accountant Recommendation

15 Replies

Hi all - I am an investor in the Phoenix, AZ area with 145 units in Tucson and multiple flips/developments in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. Does anyone in the area have a good recommendation for an accountant? I looked into Keystone CPA, which seems to be active on BP, but I haven’t been able to get a return call from them and also, it seems they are pricey. Granted, they may be able to achieve a greater savings than their charged fees but that’s a big “IF”. I’m researching some accountants in the area, but it’s always great to have a recommendation.

Hi Christina 

Frank, newbie investor in Tucson, Az. I dont mean to hi jack your posted, but I was just about to ask the same question, so instead of posting again, was hoping you or @Patrickallen could share the REI specialized accountant recommendation with me.

All the best to your success in the Tucson.

Frank

Personally, I would go with any firm that has been referred to you from other investors. In my opinion, finding a CPA is similar to finding a great general practice doctor. It is always a good idea to shop around and find the firm that you think will foster a great, long-lasting relationship with. Price is important too, but I would be willing to pay a little more for someone that knows my business and is always looking out for my best interests. 

Not getting a call back would scare me a little bit. It could mean a bunch of things but, at the least, shows a lack of initiative on their part. There are a lot of really great small firms that you could look into.

For instance, Hunter Hagan and Company, LTD., located out of Scottsdale. 

This post has been removed.

I like keeping my personal references personal through direct message for the same reason BP prefers keeping their event posts contained only in their Events & Happenings section, to minimize on clutter in the general forums. Besides that, the moderators do not allow members to post any contact information (numbers/emails) in the forums outside of the Marketplace.

But because this post has gotten so much attention, and because @David Kirkland asked, I recommended Christina check out Tim Walsh with H&S Accounting. He's a preferred partners of AZREIA, based in Phoenix. DM me for his direct number or email.

https://www.hsaccounting.com/

@Patrick Allen , do you mind also sharing your personal reference with me? I know you put their website in your post but I assume you have a personal relationship that you are referencing. I reviewed H&S Accounting's website and it looks to cover every possible need. 

Thanks,

Hi all - I am a newbie investor looking for a tax accountant. I'm looking for someone who can help us build wealth through real estate (planning to do a fairly decent 1031 in the coming year) while also tax planning and filing for our non REI business. Its been 12 months since @Christina LaBorde  @David Kirkland and @Jimmy Hodges were looking for a new accountant. I would love to know which accountant you would recommend. Thank you!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here