Arizona (Phoenix or nearby) Accountant Recommendation

Arizona (Phoenix or nearby) Accountant Recommendation

Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2014 · 74 posts · 32 votes

Hi all - I am an investor in the Phoenix, AZ area with 145 units in Tucson and multiple flips/developments in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. Does anyone in the area have a good recommendation for an accountant? I looked into Keystone CPA, which seems to be active on BP, but I haven’t been able to get a return call from them and also, it seems they are pricey. Granted, they may be able to achieve a greater savings than their charged fees but that’s a big “IF”. I’m researching some accountants in the area, but it’s always great to have a recommendation.

2Reply
58 views

Most Popular Reply

Doug McVinuaPro Member
Property Manager · Queen Creek, AZ · Member since 2016 · 608 posts · 426 votes
7y

@Christina L. Doug Stutzman

Certified Public Accountant

Chartered Global Management Accountant

Mauldin CPA's, PLLC

Doug does a wonderful job for multiple clients of ours.

See this reply in the discussion

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Patrick AllenBusiness Member
    Realtor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2014 · 241 posts · 139 votes
    7y

    PM'd you

  • Tucson, AZ · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    Hi Christina 

    Frank, newbie investor in Tucson, Az. I dont mean to hi jack your posted, but I was just about to ask the same question, so instead of posting again, was hoping you or @Patrickallen could share the REI specialized accountant recommendation with me.

    All the best to your success in the Tucson.

    Frank

  • Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    Personally, I would go with any firm that has been referred to you from other investors. In my opinion, finding a CPA is similar to finding a great general practice doctor. It is always a good idea to shop around and find the firm that you think will foster a great, long-lasting relationship with. Price is important too, but I would be willing to pay a little more for someone that knows my business and is always looking out for my best interests. 

    Not getting a call back would scare me a little bit. It could mean a bunch of things but, at the least, shows a lack of initiative on their part. There are a lot of really great small firms that you could look into.

    For instance, Hunter Hagan and Company, LTD., located out of Scottsdale. 

  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2014 · 74 posts · 32 votes
    7y

    @Frank Campos Not a problem, I PM'd you.

    @Patrick Allen @Christian Solinski Thanks very much for the input.

  • Doug McVinuaPro Member
    Property Manager · Queen Creek, AZ · Member since 2016 · 608 posts · 426 votes
    7y

    @Christina L. Doug Stutzman

    Certified Public Accountant

    Chartered Global Management Accountant

    Mauldin CPA's, PLLC

    Doug does a wonderful job for multiple clients of ours.

  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2014 · 74 posts · 32 votes
    7y

    @Doug McVinua thanks for your help!

  • Mesa, AZ · Member since 2018 · 25 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    @Christina L.@Patrick Allen


    I have the same request as @Frank Campos.  Will you share the recommendation?

    ...and is there any reason not to post it in the thread?

  • Patrick AllenBusiness Member
    Realtor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2014 · 241 posts · 139 votes
    7y

    I like keeping my personal references personal through direct message for the same reason BP prefers keeping their event posts contained only in their Events & Happenings section, to minimize on clutter in the general forums. Besides that, the moderators do not allow members to post any contact information (numbers/emails) in the forums outside of the Marketplace.


    But because this post has gotten so much attention, and because @David Kirkland asked, I recommended Christina check out Tim Walsh with H&S Accounting. He's a preferred partners of AZREIA, based in Phoenix. DM me for his direct number or email.

    https://www.hsaccounting.com/

  • Mesa, AZ · Member since 2018 · 25 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    Thank you @Patrick Allen.  I appreciate the recommendation.

  • Investor · Mesa, AZ · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 17 votes
    7y

    @Patrick Allen, do you mind also sharing your personal reference with me? I know you put their website in your post but I assume you have a personal relationship that you are referencing. I reviewed H&S Accounting's website and it looks to cover every possible need. 

    Thanks,

  • Jag C.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 74 posts · 22 votes
    6y

    Hi all - I am a newbie investor looking for a tax accountant. I'm looking for someone who can help us build wealth through real estate (planning to do a fairly decent 1031 in the coming year) while also tax planning and filing for our non REI business. Its been 12 months since @Christina L. @David Kirkland and @Jimmy Hodges were looking for a new accountant. I would love to know which accountant you would recommend. Thank you!

  • Real Estate Agent · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2019 · 956 posts · 600 votes
    6y

    @Jag C. I'd look up Jessie Moy in Seattle! Not local to you, but very investor-friendly. 

  • Jag C.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 74 posts · 22 votes
    6y

    @Kiera Underwood - thank you - will look her up. Looking for a responsive, on the ball partner. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2019 · 956 posts · 600 votes
    6y

    @Jag C. of course!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.