• Real Estate Agent
  • Tucson, AZ
Votes |
Tucson Rental Market/Investor Meetup

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tucson, AZ
Posted Jul 18 2019, 11:28

Hey Folks, I was reading over the Tucson multifamily and rental market statistics this morning and wanted to get your thoughts on this. 

There are currently nine large apartment complexes expected to deliver their units to the market within the next 12 months with the first opening their doors in the 3rd quarter of 2019. In total it is going to be 1,734 units which will be 2.3% of the current market. Because of this unit delivery, five more apartment builds coming after these, and just the general development across Arizona and the United States rental rates have been and will continue to stabilize. Year over year rental rates have dropped from a high of 5.25% in 2017 to 3.25% so far this year. Over the next three years those growth rates are expected to hit 1% year over year. In a shifting market how are you planning to invest in RE? We all know the most money is made in down markets and this shift may be the perfect fluctuation to boost your portfolio if you can take advantage. 

Also, I want to set up a RE Investor monthly coffee or breakfast in Tucson. If you are interested shoot me a message. Once I figure out a headcount, location and date I can send you an invitation. 

User Stats

Votes
Mindy Jensen
  • BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host
  • Longmont, CO
Votes |
  • Longmont, CO
Replied Jul 18 2019, 11:53

@Account Closed, discussion about starting a meetup is fine, but any announcement of a meetup can only be posted in the Events Forum.

www.biggerpockets.com/events

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tucson, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tucson, AZ
Replied Jul 18 2019, 12:08

OK, thanks for the heads up @Mindy Jensen. Am I good here then or should I remove that portion? 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Mindy Jensen
  • Longmont, CO
Votes |
  • Longmont, CO
Replied Jul 18 2019, 13:12

You're good here.

User Stats

Votes
Tom Dutton
  • Tucson, AZ
Votes |
  • Tucson, AZ
Replied Jul 18 2019, 15:07

@Tylor Billings sounds great!

User Stats

Votes
Bo Reilly
  • Oro Valley, AZ
Votes |
  • Oro Valley, AZ
Replied Sep 5 2020, 10:12

Hey Tylor, I would love to join the meetup in Tucson. Where and when do you hold the gathering?

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tucson, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tucson, AZ
Replied Sep 5 2020, 11:24

Hi Bo, Pre-COVID we would rotate local coffee shops. Now we are meeting virtually. The upcoming meeting is next week and the information is posted in the meetup section of the forum.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/872158-old-pueblo-rei-club-september-meeting?page=1#p5110330

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 11 2020, 13:51

@Tylor Billings I live in Tucson and would love to participate in your meetings. I am trying to get into multi family properties and apartments myself.