Skip to content
California Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Will F.
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles County, CA
Votes |
Next area to gentrify in Los Angeles? Silverlake, Echopark, Highland Park etc What's Next?

Will F.
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles County, CA
Posted Sep 6 2014, 19:28

(I'm kind of copying @joederobertis' other post asking for predictions about beachcities poised to boom.)

Since so many neighborhoods in LA have been gentrifying recently into "cool yuppy/hipster" areas.  

Heck even Santa Monica had to go through gentrification a while back.  Some in the past include Venice many years ago, as well as Silverlake and Los Feliz more recently.    Even more recently Echo Park, parts of Long Beach and currently Highland Park have boomed even faster than LA's current fast (bubble-like) boom.

Where do you all think the current areas are being gentrified or where the next flow of artists/ hipsters are moving to gentrify.  I'm talking place that are largely working-class low income neighborhoods that have potential for a boom based on hipsters etc.

(I assume no boom in this current market can be like what's happened from 2011-2013 since they've already gone up 25-30% in a lot of areas, but I still want to think about areas where there's more potential for faster growth)

So where are the hipsters going next? They're priced of of Silverlake 

Some background info: http://la.curbed.com/tags/gentrification

Perhaps @Ali Boone the Hipster investor herself could chime in ;-P

Loading replies...