Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
California Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Kristin Struzyna
  • Alameda, CA
Votes |
Networking in the Oakland/San Francisco Bay Area

Kristin Struzyna
  • Alameda, CA
Posted Jun 16 2015, 08:39

Hello BP community!

My boyfriend and I live in the Oakland/Alameda area and are interested in RE Investing. We have been in "sponge" mode for the last few months - relentlessly devouring the BP podcasts and forums, reading books on the subject, and taking anyone we know in RE out to lunch to pick their brains. Now we want to open it up to the larger BP community. Here's our deal: 

Who are we? We're both in our late twenties and we both hold jobs while training for the Olympic rowing team. We've been representing Team USA at World Championships/Olympic Games for the past nine years, and are likely transitioning out of training in the next few years. We originally moved to the Bay Area for the training center that's here, and now we like it so much we want to stay. We want to go into Real Estate Investing once we're done competing. We're competitive people that like that a challenge and are driven to see a project through. 

So far we're thinking of starting with multi-family residential in Alameda/Oakland and going from there, but we're open to ideas. If you know the area, have thoughts about the market, or are interested in having your lunch paid for in exchange for advice or ideas about the market, financing, strategies, etc. - let's do it. We want to network in the area and learn. 

By the way, we're going to the Meetup in SF next week - so maybe we'll see some of you there. 

Kristin 

Loading replies...