Desired Profit for class A property flip

1 Reply

I have a potential Class A property near San Jose's Rose Garden Neighborhood. I estimate the ARV to be 1,250,000 on the conservative end. Owner states they have remodeled Bathrooms and bedrooms but only permits I see pulled are from 1980. So I am assuming these are still in need of updating. It is a 2 bed 2 bath 1500 sf. I am throwing out a rough number of 200K for repairs since I haven't seen it and he wants an offer before I view it. I am planning on wholesaling it since all my capital is currently tied up. What would you want to have as a desired profit for this house? What would you recommend a fair wholesale fee be?

You should make as much profit as possible.

I once bought a property from a wholesaler and he made more on his wholesale than I was expecting to make turning it into a rental.   Would I have loved to have a piece of his profit?   Sure!   However, it would have been stupid of me to try to eat this wholesaler's lunch.  The property was still a great deal for me.   I bought several more from that same guy over the years.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.