Votes
Brad Rondeau
  • Laguna Hills, CA
Votes |
I'm considering FSBO in Laguna Niguel California

Brad Rondeau
  • Laguna Hills, CA
Posted Jun 24 2019, 19:02

Hi, I've bought and sold several homes - but mostly with a realtor.  I did buy one home many years ago from a gentleman that was very familiar with the process and it went quite well.  I'm retired now and I have time so I'm considering selling my condo in Laguna Niguel by myself to save a huge amount on commission.  Two condos (same model) are currently in escrow for around $600,000.  I'm considering $590,000 - it has been a rental for 10 years and is a little rough but I am putting in new  laminate floors/carpeting, 4" baseboards, interior paint, one new shower/bath, re-grouting other shower/bath and getting caught up on all deferred maintenance.  

Is there good information on how to complete a FSBO transaction in CA? I will need to find a good escrow company and all forms required. Does it make sense to use a Real Estate attorney or would that just wipe out much of the money I am trying to save?

I've also heard there are new web based companies that will help sell the home for a much smaller fee.  Any suggestions?   PS - I would expect that there are lot of realtors that will tell me how stupid it is to sell this myself.  Thanks - Brad

Loading replies...