Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
California Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Jennifer Smith
  • Riverside, Ca
Votes |
Should I sell my Moreno Valley Condo and purchase in Rancho Cucam

Jennifer Smith
  • Riverside, Ca
Posted Oct 25 2021, 05:13

Hi all,

To make a long story short I own a 2bd 2br condo in Moreno Valley, ca (92555).   My husband and I rent it out for 1800 which means we cash flow 400 each month.  The property will be paid off in 5 years and we currently owe 37k. Once paid off we will cash flow 1100 per month (not including putting money into reserves or potentially paying for a property manager). 

In your opinion would it be a bad idea to sell the property and use the proceeds to purchase a condo in Rancho Cucamonga Ca (91739) ? 3 bd 3 br.  We would live in this new property and rent our current Rancho condo and cash flow 800 per month if we rent out where we currently live (Rancho). 

Eventually with this route we would end up buying a forever home down the line and then have 2 Rancho Cucamonga properties. Cash flow on these would be 800 and 400 (before mortgages are paid off) and then we would must likely increase cash flow to 2000 for each property once paid off (before putting money in reserves and potentially paying for a property manager).  

Pros:

We would own 2 properties in a very desirable area (higher socioeconomic area with great schools)  

if we saved we could pay one Rancho property off in 5 years and still have a paid off property that would cash flow 2000

With Rancho Cucamonga rentals We would cash flow more in the future  with better rate we would probably find more qualified tenants. ( it took 2 months to find qualified tenants for the Moreno Valley property although we had quite a few applicants)  

cons

perhaps we would be overpaying for a property   The market is high right now and 3 bed condos are going for over 600k

The future is uncertain with everything going on politically. If one of us loses our jobs, we would still be able to live off one income but our savings would be significantly reduced. 

Any insight would be helpful and much appreciated.  

Loading replies...