Judy Mitchell
  • Broomfield, CO
Votes |
Burst Water Heater Caused Damage to Lower Unit - Lawyer Needed

Judy Mitchell
  • Broomfield, CO
Posted Nov 21 2018, 13:07

Hi Bigger Pockets Community,

I am looking for advice to help with a bad insurance and water heater situation in my Westminster, Colorado, rental.

Background:  Purchased an upper level condo unit and also purchased a Home Warranty Protection Insurance Product.  When the water heater began leaking I contacted the Home Warranty company as required by them to receive covered service.  One of their contracted electricians came out and determined a new water heater was required.  They then installed a new water heater.  Three weeks later a part popped off of the newly installed water heater causing massive flooding and damage to the unit below me.  My homeowners insurance will not pay, claiming it was a faulty installation that caused the damage (I believe they are correct), the Home Warranty Company is denying any fault, and the home owners insurance from the unit below me says I will soon receive a letter from their property insurance company demanding I pay for the damage.  

Yikes!  

It's time to consult a lawyer for advice, and so I am seeking your help to steer me to a or some Colorado lawyers who have expertise with such issues.

Does anyone out there have a suggestions?

Loading replies...