• Investor
  • Colorado
Votes |
Help with Lease Option To Buy

Scott Eller
  • Investor
  • Colorado
Posted Apr 20 2019, 10:30

So here is my situation. 2 1/2 years ago I found a property that I was able to do a Lease Option to Buy for a 2 year term that would automatically extend for another 2 year period if the option was not utilized. I am now 6 months into the second term of the contract. After the initial signing of my original contract I in turn found a married couple that lease optioned the property from me with an initial term of 2 years & an extension period of 1 1/2 years. They have so far not been able to get financing in order to exercise their option to purchase & there is still a little over a year left on their extension period. OK all that being said, my predicament is that the individual that I did the original Lease Option with is an elderly Lady & she has indicated to me that she really needs me to cash her out right now. I know that legally I could make her wait but I'm just, I guess, a soft touch & I would really love to help her out but I do not have the funds right now to be able to cash her out. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Scott