• Rental Property Investor
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Denver Pop-Top Costs - 1949 Bungalow

Christopher Johnson
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Denver, CO
Posted Dec 17 2019, 14:41

Hi all, I know there have been other topics on this but looking for info a little more specific to me.

I live in a 1949 Bungalow in Denver, CO that I'm thinking about popping the top on depending on cost. It's got a garden level basement that's finished (803 sq ft), main floor is also 803 sq ft. Property is zoned U-SU-C, which I THINK allows you to build up to 2.5 stories (at least that's how I read the top of page 19 (5.3-7))? I thought it was 1.5 stories max until looking at the zoning doc today, but maybe because I was looking at the ADU Form. We'd probably add 2 bed/2 bath, with a living space and possibly expand the rear of the home with a sunroom. This wouldn't be for investment/flip - we'll be here for a while so we'd want it done well with nice finishes. The current exterior is brick and we have pseudo city views out the front but only in the winter when leaves have fallen off. I'd want to take advantage and hopefully have city views year-round from the top. I think there is also the possibility of a rooftop deck? Not sure if I'd want to do that or not.

What's the current going rate per sq ft of add on average? ~$200-~$250?

https://www.denvergov.org/content/dam/denvergov/Portals/646/documents/Zoning/DZC/Denver_Zoning_Code_Article5_Urban.pdf

Loading replies...