New Guy - In college, flat broke, maniacal determination.

1 Reply

My name is Evan. I have a total of $10k worth of debt, including a very small car loan, I have a whopping 200 dollars in savings, and a car that's worth no more than $4k. That's all I've got. That, and a drive and determination that, with the right advice and direction, will get me out of debt, on onwards towards financial success.

I'm 21 years old, and in college. I want to start flipping houses - I want to start devoting my life towards making the highest returns possible as quickly as possible. Not so much for a get-rich-quick thing, but I don't intend to waste any time accumulating wealth, if at all possible.

Perhaps you guys can help. I started a thread in the "starting out" section:

http://forums.biggerpockets.com/viewtopic.php?p=35363#35363

Cheers all,

-Evan

Hey Evan. You truly sound determined. Use that energy to soak up knowledge and meet people. If I were in your shoes, I'd start looking for some people I could learn from . . . find a developer, landlord, or other investor you can shadow and learn from. Be a grunt and learn the business firsthand.

Ask a ton of questions here and outside and let us know how we can help you along the way. See you around the forums!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you