Newbie from Kansas City Missouri

13 Replies

Hello to all of you! My name is Kenneth Cummings and I am new to real estate investing. I have very limited experience in REI but I am eager to learn. Currently I am a project manager and senior estimator for a local plumbing company, but my heart is with real estate. My wife recently obtained her real estate license and I am looking forward to obtaining mine. We are good at listening but we are also doer's. I am excited about being here!

Hey Kenneth

Welcome to BP...this is a Great site with tons of info! I am local as well, maybe we can connect in the future. There is a Marei meeting tonight at Career Education on Ward Pkwy.

Best of luck!

Ray

Welcome to BP, sounds like you are in the industry, way to go! Go Chiefs! Study, learn an area as your market, get your feet wet......so to speak. Good luck :)

@Kenneth Cummings welcome to the community! I imagine your experience at your current jobs will do wonders for you when you're in the due diligence stage of the process.

Thank you all for such a warm welcome!

Welcome to the site! Also consider checking out KCIG. They have been a great support group for myself and my buddy.

@Kenneth Cummings

Welcome. I have buddies doing very well out your way.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Check out the free Bigger Pockets Real Estate Guide http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info.

Check out J Scott http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook The Book on Flipping houses and The Book on Estimating Rehab Costs. Both excellent reads.

Good Luck

Paul

Welcome aboard!

I recently moved to KC and finally got involved in real estate investing. Just put my first property on contract this past Saturday. Sit down, read and ask plenty of questions. People here will answer you and make you feel stupid at times. (over looking small things like expenses and maintance) But hey they kept me from getting a house that was way to much work for my first property. Welcome to BP!

@Andy Robison , I was just reading your thread and was very impressed with the response you received. Thanks for the welcome.

@Kenneth Cummings

That response is not out of the norm. The more you read this forum if you give everyone the information they'll need to crunch the number, I think the guys/gals who have been here the longest can do it in their sleep by now... they will point you in the right direction. By far the most helpful group of people I've found on the internet.

Welcome to BP I'm in stl if your ever over this way wouldn't mind networking. I'm a newbie learning and looking to get started as well

@Kenneth Cummings

Another great welcome to the BP. Ive been in real estate for 10 years. My wife is my assistant (God help us on some days). With that said, focus on getting stuff done #GSD more than getting your license too.

To say it again, ask questions, read much, share experiences.

As someone else mentioned, MAREI is the larger REI club in KC. Check them out. MAREINET.com Ive been a member for a while.

All the best.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here