Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Domingo Valadez
Votes |
What are your thoughts on fractionalized investing in long-term rental properties?

Domingo Valadez
Posted Feb 6 2023, 07:49

Hi BiggerPockets Community,

My name is Domingo, I'm one of the founder's of Homebase, a platform enabling people to invest in rental properties for as little as $100. Our platform just went live today, and our launch market is in McAllen, TX.

For those curious, the motivation behind building the platform was my realization that real estate is quickly becoming unaffordable for the average person. The median home price in the US is now $428,700, while the median income is $54,132. That's a HUGE gap. As many people here know, owning and investing in real estate is an awesome pathway to build wealth, earn stable cash flow, and set yourself up for financial independence. We want to give more people the opportunity to become property owners, for as little as $100. 

That said, I'm genuinely curious as to what people's thoughts are on fractionalized real estate investing in long-term rentals? Could you see yourself investing in a property crowdfunded online or do you prefer to have complete ownership of the property? What would make you trust a platform? 

Thanks in advance, look forward to being a helpful resource to folks when it comes to proptech or investing 🙂

Cheers,
Domingo

Loading replies...