New guy in Colorado Springs, CO area

14 Replies

Hello everyone,

My name is Sterling Seizert. My wife, Rebecca, and I are new to BP and to investing. We have been educating ourselves for the last 6 months and have now met a mentor and are ready to jump in with both feet.

I am currently active duty military (MOS of 18E) and am stationed at Fort Carson, CO with 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne). My job is very rewarding, but it doesn't provide the life I want to be able to give my family, so my wife and I started our company, Syra Concepts, LLC.

Our primary goal, in general, is to build our business to a point where I do NOT have to reenlist or seek other employment after my current enlistment contract is done in 4.5 years. If you want more specifics on our goals, please ask and I will gladly share.

We are currently sending out marketing to Non-owner occupied in a certain zip code in the Colorado Springs area. I would love any help anyone can offer on marketing techniques. My wife and I both have a sales background and we both understand lead generating is means the life and death of our business (and our dreams). Any particular lists we should order that people have had great success with?

We are currently trying to get involved with fix and flips and wholesales to get some working capital built. We are always looking for and want to move into buy and holds of all types (multifamily, storage, etc) to build our passive income to be able to retire and spend more time with our beautiful daughters.

We are very excited to get started and make our first deal. We are trying to learn as much as we can every day, so please any help would be greatly appreciated. Anyone in Colorado Springs or other areas along the eastern slope please contact me anytime.

Promotion
Roofstock
Buy & sell single-family rentals online
Radically accessible real estate investing
Get access to exclusive property listings, proprietary data, and support to build your portfolio.
Learn More

Hi Sterling, and welcome to BP! I’m a ‘fix and hold’ investor from the Bay Area in CA, and loving it! But you’ll find a variety of every type of investor on the site, and everyone is amazingly helpful. Some pointers for you: The "Learn" link across the top navigation bar has lots of great info, and so do BP members! You can click on the ‘vote’ button if you like someone's post or is helpful, and there are ‘awards’ to earn on your profile. And you can tag people by typing @ before you type their name, then clicking their name at the bottom of the message box. Welcome to the site, and good luck in everything!

@Sterling Seizert Welcome to the BP community. There is a lot of conversation on biggerpockets about how hard the market is currently in Denver. Ive heard its a little better in Colorado Springs, but I ve also heard there are some great opportunities nearby in fountain and in pueblo. I just started looking into these markets myself. Good Luck, i look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Hi Sterling. Welcome! I am a B&H investor in Colorado Springs, mainly looking in Pueblo right now. I would love to hear more about your marketing techniques! Welcome to BP - you will find a ton a great info and helpful people on this site!

@Sterling Seizert Welcome! Don't forget about the podcasts. They open your mind to many ways of doing business plus you get tons of real life actionable tips that can make a big difference in your business. Good luck finding your first deal.

I am using a couple agents, Auction.com, Hubzu and the like. Still trying to find a wholesaler who doesn't mind working with a new investor (only sort of new) with modest needs.

Promotion
Contracoin
Bridging between Crypto and Real Estate
Get ready to buy your next property using Crypto
Using crypto to own property, leverage #CTCN in buying your next home and more
Time to buy property

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you