Multi-Family property owner and broker here to learn and share based in Los Angeles and the San Francisco Bay Area

12 Replies

Hello BiggerPockets!

I'm so pleased to find such a platform to share and learn. I am a Landlord and Broker from Berkeley, California. I have extensive property management experience focused in Multi-Family apartments including student focused housing. I recently purchased my first apartment building located at the foot of the Berkeley Hills. I'm here to give and get advise and to meet possible future associates. I am a managing member and principal of a real estate brokerage firm based in the up and coming "Korea town" area of Los Angeles that's focused on commercial sales, investments and leasing. I offer to share my expertise freely and hope to expand it here at Bigger Pockets.

Welcome aboard @Joseph Davis . Great to see you joining the community. I'm based two hours north, but working on expanding my bay area network. I'm not playing at the bay area apartment level yet, but maybe one day.

quick tip: add a picture to your profile, really helps in the "getting to know folks" arena.

cheers.

Welcome @Joseph Davis   I am relatively new as well on Bigger Pocket, and to investing in general. I definitely learn a lot every time I am here, and I hear from well experienced investors that they are discovering more and more new things as well.

I would love to hear more about the property management experience of yours. 

Promotion
Marko Rubel
ATTENTION INVESTORS
Get Deals 100% Funded – No Credit, No Banks, No Job Verification
New Unlimited Funding® program for investors: low-interest, without banks or shark lenders.
Check availability
Originally posted by @AdaPia D'Errico:

welcome Joseph! How are your Koreatown investments going? LA is almost unrecognizable now, especially DTLA. Curious to know if that is spilling over into Koreatown. 

I personally don't own anything in Korea town just the Bay Area. That said we have aggressively bid on a few lots that would have been and are now being developed. Some of my agents along with our clients do own and are very pleased with the performance and outlook of the area. It is such an interesting market as it seems its becoming more and more hip and convenient to people who would have never considered a few years back. I know a few big developers are finishing up big projects and some that are eyeing even more grandiose developments that would seem unthinkable in our last real estate cycle. We also have picked up interest from retail clients including national chains. For instance we just put Los Angeles' biggest Verizon franchisee in a long term lease and have a national pet supply company looking to get in. I'm starting to call it la's 18hour city because of the influx of cool and interesting foods and entertainment options that seems to be contributing to the desirability of the area in whole. These things usually attract the people that support a more active, competitive and forward environment.

Originally posted by @Josh Prince:

Hi @Joseph Davis - Welcome!  Koreatown is a popular area for investors.  I would be interested to hear about any good multifamily or commercial deals you come across. 

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the greet. The Koreatown market has really picked up and we are thankful as a Koreatown based company not to mention most of my agents speak Korean and grew up in the community which helps very much when breaking the ice with local owners.  I have a team that focuses on locating off market investment properties in the korea town market. So there is no misunderstanding, I wouldn't say that I hear about them I would say we proactively search for them. We package them if the underwriting looks good then we market the deal. I believe we have a few currently including a 4plex with street retail. If you would like, I would be happy to send you the underwriting and analysis so you can see the way we look at these and underwrite them.  I wanted to be clear due to the multiple warnings of solicitation that I in no way want to push product on anybody but am happy to share our inventory and services. Let me know where you would like me to send packages if you want them. 

Welcome to BP community @Joseph Davis   It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. 

Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

Wishing you the best! 

Welcome to BiggerPockets!! 

There is so much to learn on this site and connect with others. Make sure you set up a keyword search to find others in the folds you are interested in or near you. 

I would be glad to answer questions on financing that you have! 

Hey @Joseph Davis  thanks for introducing yourself! It's great to have experienced folks join the site! We always are looking for more help answering questions here in the forums, so anytime you can jump in and offer advice, we'd love it!

Oh - and if you haven't yet- be sure to setup some "Keyword Alerts."

Seeya around the site!

Hi @Joseph Davis  ,

I'm up in the Bay just north and south of you with my investments. If you ever need some contacts around here, or a handyman/crew to help out on a job, get and touch with me, and I can point you in the right direction..

Good luck in Berkeley and down south in Koreatown!

@Joseph Davis  Very happy to hear another interest in Koreatown.  Please message me.  I am raised in Koreatown and know the inside out.  My background is construction management; however I'm trying to expand to Beverly Hills area for my investors.  Message me :)

Promotion
Roofstock
Buy & sell single-family rentals online
Radically accessible real estate investing
Get access to exclusive property listings, proprietary data, and support to build your portfolio.
Learn More

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you