New from Perrysburg, OH

5 Replies

Hi everyone, I'm Michael Maier. I was born and raised in Toledo, OH and lived most of my life in the metro area. I work as a temp at the Johnson Controls Northwood facility supplying Jeep with seats.

I've no experience with real estate beyond what I've read here and in various books. My interest in real estate comes from wanting to take back my time and resolving the income/debt ratio. Working for a Jeep supplier isn't bad, but life revolves around three things; eat, sleep and Jeep, 13 days on and one day off. While I'm not against hard work, I also want more time with my wife and my friends.

What I'm interested in doing, at least to start, is foreclosures and single-family rentals.

Promotion
Speed To Lead
Buy hot seller leads w/o subscription
Buy daily seller leads that are actually ready to sell
Finally there's a place where you can buy leads that asked for urgent help selling their house
Originally posted by @Michael Maier :

Hi everyone, I'm Michael Maier. I was born and raised in Toledo, OH and lived most of my life in the metro area. I work as a temp at the Johnson Controls Northwood facility supplying Jeep with seats.

I've no experience with real estate beyond what I've read here and in various books. My interest in real estate comes from wanting to take back my time and resolving the income/debt ratio. Working for a Jeep supplier isn't bad, but life revolves around three things; eat, sleep and Jeep, 13 days on and one day off. While I'm not against hard work, I also want more time with my wife and my friends.

What I'm interested in doing, at least to start, is foreclosures and single-family rentals.

Welcome to BP Michael,

Toledo is a great market to be in.

See you around the forum.

Thanks for the welcome.  It'll be great to start a new chapter in my life.

I checked out the local REIA meeting times, unfortunately I won't be able to go as I'll be at work.

I'll look into wholesaling more.  From some of the forum posts I'd read, it seemed to be a little more difficult for an inexperienced investor get involved in.  

Welcome to Biggerpockets!

This is an amazing place because the only thing everyone agree with is real estate. Other than that everyone has their own niche. So look around the blogs, forums and listen to the podcasts. If you see a post you enjoy check out the persons signature. Many of us including myself talk about our strategies, styles, niches and business model on our website. So definitely check that out as it is an amazing additional resource. For example, my blog is about while working full time, buy and hold investing, 0% Down Rentals, Personal Properties turned rentals, Long distancing investing, self-managing 3,000+ miles away. Definitely list your blog or website in your signature, if you have one. Its a great additional networking source.

Look forward to seeing you around! Let me know if I can help!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you