Mike Nelson
  • Shawnee, KS
Votes |
Newbie in KC

Mike Nelson
  • Shawnee, KS
Posted Aug 3 2008, 11:03

Hello all,
Newbie in KC, very interested in starting to invest in Real Estate.

First a bit about me. I live in Shanwee, wife, 2 great kids and a newly aquired guinea pig(Christmas present). My current occupation is running heavy equimpment, a job I very much enjoy. However as I look into the future.....15 to 20 years from now, I can see a time where I may not be able to continue in my current capacity.

Ive always been interested REI for about as long as I can remember. I just never knew where to start...so I did a lot of research online. I would like to think I have picked up some valuable info on the net......just havent taken the leap of faith yet!

I am looking to start off slow...keep job...and do a rehab this year...just one....to start...dont need to make a million on the first, I just dont wanna lose any money. I would like to acquire the property possibly using a bird dog to find, then use hard money loan to obtain.

This website seemed like it has many seasoned investors...I was hoping to get some advice on how to get started on the first one. I am planning on attending a local real investment club this month.

Well I guess its time to stop rambling............thanks in advance to any and all who reply.

Loading replies...