Total newbie from Blaine Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis)

16 Replies

Hi Everyone - 

I'm new to the site but am absolutely loving it!  Thanks for creating such an amazing community.  I'm an aspiring real estate investor.  I currently own my own single family home and have one renter.  My next step is most likely to find a multi-family home to owner occupy.  I work a 9-5 gig as a project manager and am looking to add buy-and-hold rental properties as alternative income streams.  My current goal is to get to 10 rental properties and either be duplicating or replacing the salary from my day job.  I also work with an organic farm in my 'free time' (what's this free time you speak of?) and will be spinning that up into much more of a business as well.  I'm hoping to find a real estate mentor and want to become active in local real estate investor groups in my area.  There's a lot of great advice on the site, but if anything jumps to your mind as you read this, please pass it along!

Thanks and great to meet you all!

Steve Bauer

Welcome to BP @Steve Bauer

I am also located in the Twin Cities. Make sure you attend local RIEA meeting here in town. You will meet a lot of people at these meetings and its a great place to learn about RE and network.

That's also cool to hear about your organic farm. I do not have a farm but that is a huge interest/passion of mine. I think it amazing how many people neglect to look into where there food comes from or what's in the food they are eating.

Make sure to keep asking questions on the forums and check out the podcasts as well!

Good Luck!

@Steve Bauer Welcome! Best of luck to you as you start your RE investing. There are a lot of great meetings in the TC, be sure to check them all out and see what is the best fit for you. We host a few events per month in your area, happy to share details if you want to shoot me a note.

@Steve Bauer

Welcome. 

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul 

Welcome to BP, Steve! The BP community is so nice and helpful so don't be afraid to ask any questions as you're learning along the way. 

Welcome @Steve Bauer to BP! You landed in the right place. I'm an Investor/Agent based out of the Uptown area of Minneapolis. Send me a PM and I would be happy to share the different investor groups schedule! Best of luck investing. 

Cheers, Sawyer 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you