Newbie from Sydney Australia!!

19 Replies

Hey all you lovely people! I'm a VERY remote investor, we live in Sydney Australia and invest here, but have been newly introduced to the exciting opportunities in the US. We're still looking to make our contacts. We're interested in Atlanta GA and Dallas TX and building ourselves an outstanding team ready to go above and beyond. I apologise in advance for any ignorant-sounding comments, still learning the ropes of the american language like rehab not renovate!

@Stephanie Steenbuck

Welcome from afar!

You are in the right community that will help your get to the next level.

Below, are some basics that will get you going quickly.

Welcome to BiggerPockets, a place to interact with a vibrant REI group, learn the real estate business and language at near zero cost. It doesn't matter if you are young or old, totally new or need to build upon your experience.

Yes, you have just announced a commitment to the thousands in this community about

your seriousness regarding REI and have taken this bold step to affirm it.

Your time on this site and with the BiggerPockets community will be well spent and can be financially rewarding if you so desire.

You are here at the Forum, but, should raise your mouse to the top and explore the other

headings displayed.

Don't get overwhelmed by the massive amount of data archived on this site.

Simply, bone up on the areas that you need to expand knowledge in such as, Forums,

Marketplace, Learn, Network, Analyze, Resources.

Feast on the Podcasts, #askbp Podcasts, blogs, webinars and the myriad of book

recommendations.

Also, you can review the quick links below to help solidify your grip on this site.

After becoming more knowledgeable and confident because of my above suggestions,

take action to snag your first real estate investment deal if new or add to your

existing holdings if you have prior experience.

Don't get caught up in analysis paralysis.

You must immerse yourself in the RE marketplace locally in your neighborhood or afar if the situation warrants it.

Take calculated risks if needed and you shall be rewarded!

"Each step you take reveals a new horizon. You have taken the first step today. Now, I challenge you to take another." - Dan Poynter

Lastly, don't forget that we are here to help and likewise learn from your contributions. Good luck and happy investing, again, welcome aboard!

What an out-pouring! I'm already touched by what a fantastic community this is and how far I've come in the past hour since joining! @ToddWhiddon I can tell we'll be fast friends. Atlanta seems like a wonderful market.

Originally posted by @Stephanie Steenbuck :

Hey all you lovely people! I'm a VERY remote investor, we live in Sydney Australia and invest here, but have been newly introduced to the exciting opportunities in the US. We're still looking to make our contacts. We're interested in Atlanta GA and Dallas TX and building ourselves an outstanding team ready to go above and beyond. I apologise in advance for any ignorant-sounding comments, still learning the ropes of the american language like rehab not renovate!

Welcome to BP Stephanie,

I miss Sydney :)

Haven't been back in over 2 years now.

See you around the forum.

@Stephanie Steenbuck

Welcome!

I'm a Dallas area investor.  It's a great market, but it's a tough market right now, because of an overall lack of inventory.  The ability to find off-market opportunities is critical right now.

In addition to pursuing our own deals, we have developed a service niche of assisting out of market investors and facilitating their ability to leverage the opportunities available in the DFW area.

Feel free to reach out, if you would like to discuss the market here in Dallas or if I can do anything to help you.

Stephanie,

Welcome to the BP community! If you are ever interested in the Indianapolis market, feel free to contact me.

You will most definitely find a wealth of information and resources here.

Happy Investing!

Originally posted by @Stephanie Steenbuck :

Welcome to BP! If you ever need help in the DFW area, let's connect. I'm fairly new, but can contribute where I can! 

Hi @Stephanie Steenbuck

Here are some new Member Tips

Tip # 1: How to Use @Mentions on BiggerPockets

Tip # 2: Setting up Keyword Alerts

Tip # 3: 25 Tips for Real Estate Success

Tip # 4: Check out the Start Here page

Tip # 5: Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide

Tip # 6: Listen to BiggerPockets PodCast Don't know which one to listen first..listen to BiggerPockets Podcast 108: Building a 350 million Real Estate empire using the 10X rule with Grant Cardone

Tip #7: Votes

Couple other things you may be interested for the Atlanta Market 

We have a very strong BP community in Atlanta. If your travel plans ever bring you here be sure to hit us up. Good Luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you