New to the Wide World of REI - Bainbridge Island, WA

5 Replies

Hi guys, my name is Marty Telschow.  I am a currently a partner in a townhome rental on Bainbridge Island.  Recently, I have started absorbing all the great information on this site and the podcasts.  I am very excited to learn from some of the more experienced members. With a rapidly growing daughter to be concerned about, learning from BP members is a top priority for me to help make my investments successful. My hope is that real estate investing will be a way to achieve my own goals and also provide a model of success for my daughter as well.

I would love to hear from anyone else in the area on how they are seeing the current market.  It seems like a very interesting time to be in this industry with the potential changes in rates that seem to always be just around the corner.  How do people see it playing out in the rental market?  

Hey @Marty Telschow  welcome to the site! Definitely start jumping into the community here! Be sure to read through The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing to help you get started.

Also - here's a couple articles you might enjoy:

The 21 Best Real Estate Investing Books Ever

How to Rent Your House: The Definitive Step by Step Guide

How to Be a Landlord: Ten Tips for Success

Finally -be sure to setup some keyword alerts - especially for "Bainbridge" so you can jump into local conversations.

See you around the forums!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes.  I'm looking forward to this chapter in my life.  I'll set up the keywords and take a look at the guides.  Thank you for the links Brandon.  I have enjoyed listening to your Podcast.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you