• Investor
  • Salisbury, MD
Votes |
First of hopefully many topics from a beginner flipper in MD

Keith White
  • Investor
  • Salisbury, MD
Posted Jul 9 2015, 13:32

Well to begin with my name is Keith I am 32 from Salisbury, Md located on the eastern shore. I am interested in all types of various real estate investments but flipping houses is my real passion and hopefully future full time job. Lets see where to begin, well I have been in the construction field for the past 12 years and have picked up many traits along the way. I recently the last few years wanted to get into flipping houses, so I partnered up with a child hood friend who had the same interest as me and was a hvac installer for 15 years. Between us we had friends in all trades and lines of work. We started from nothing no money at all from either of us and did side jobs and other projects over the past few years. We were lucky enough to be able to get our hands dirty on a flip property that another friend of ours was doing about 2 years ago, and from that point we have now done 3 flips while investing with someone else and are currently in the process of closing on our first flip of our own. My wife acquired her real estate liscense this past year as to help us have an in into the market and to obviously save us money on the front and back end of a purchase. I think we have progressed better then I would of imagined and we are ready to try and take it to the next level, and I'm hoping I can learn things from a lot more experienced people then I to guide us on our way. Our biggest downfall is our lack of knowledge about the financial lending options and other things such as tax deferral and such. As to this date we have never used a lender or even spoke with one just worked all with cash that we generated separate from our daily 9-5. Well sorry for the long intro just wanted to try and give my backstory the best I could. 

Loading replies...