Florida Panhandle Newbie

7 Replies

Good evening Bigger pockets! An introvert at heart, networking is a struggle for me. I look forward to learning from the experience you all have and I hope that I can add something to the discussion. I currently invest in SFR's right here in Santa Rosa Beach Florida but I am interested in opening up my geography and diversifying into Agri/Silvicultural investing.

@James Wise These are income producing timber and farm lands. In the Southern United States, it is common for landowners to lease out the farming rights to a piece of land, while using that piece of land for hunting or other recreational pursuits. It is also common for a timberland owner to make money sustainably harvesting trees while enjoying the same.

@Joseph Baya

Welcome. 

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul

Joseph, I literally am right down the road from you in Destin FL. If you are looking for some REI clubs to attend I have two references. One, there is a man by the name of Matt Robinson, has an incredible monthly meeting in Pensacola and Destin FL. Matter of fact the pensacola group is meeting tonight 11 August, and the Destin group meets next Thursday. There is another REI group in Panama city but I have not been to that one yet. Looking forward to hopefully meeting you one day. You can reach out to me at anytime and I would be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you