Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
New Member Introductions
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
David Schmid
  • Tolland, CT
Votes |
New Member from Tolland CT - Looking to find Investors and add Value to Others

David Schmid
  • Tolland, CT
Posted Jul 16 2015, 16:08

Hello everyone,

My name is David Schmid and I am from Tolland CT.  Tolland is about 20 miles northeast of Hartford and situated in the right next to the city home of the great UCONN Huskies Men's & Women's team.

My journey to becoming a real estate investor has been an interesting one & one that I believe will add some value to others here at Bigger Pockets.  I serve as the Chief Investment officer of Propark, a national parking management company based out of Hartford.  My role in the organization focuses on equipment leasing, insurance, banking relationships and purchasing & optimizing parking properties (by the way if you have one to sell, I would love to take a look at it).  I have transacted over $120MM of real estate to date with the large majority of it in the parking segment.

About 10 years ago I started buying real estate personally.  My focus has been on cash flowing real estate and have purchased an indoor storage facility, a horse farm, a two tenant retail building, a mobile home park and other commercial and residential properties.  I will confess that my primary hobby, my way to let off steam, is to find and do profitable deals in real estate.

That said, I have been working with a sweat equity model.  My sweet spot has been to source a great deal and then find a sweat equity partner as well as an investor.  In addition to sourcing the deal, I also negotiate it, help place debt on it with an institution, private investor or hard money lender and then asset manage it after the deal closes.  The model has gone through several iterations and I have learned lessons from mistakes and successes realized.  It been a fun journey.

I started listening to Bigger Pocket podcasts about 3 months ago and found them to be incredibly interesting and informative.  In fact, I took action after hearing the land investing podcast and just finished a great deal.  I bought 11 acres of landlocked land at a tax sale for $713 and flipped it within minutes for $1,500.  That would not have happened if I did not listen to the Bigger Pockets Podcasts.

My goal as a member of this community is multi-fold.  First, it is my desire to give back to new investors as I can based on my experiences, both positive and not-so-positive.  Next I hope to create a new network of real estate / investment professionals.  Finally, I am looking to raise new funds to continue to create value and great returns for people who invest alongside of me.

I'm excited to be part of the community and look forward to getting to know you.

Loading replies...