Yonah Sturmwind
  • New York City, NY
Votes |
Hi! New-ish investor from NYC

Yonah Sturmwind
  • New York City, NY
Posted Jul 20 2015, 14:38

Hey, 

I have been a member of BP for a few months now and observed things here and there. Read a few articles but now I've decided to jump right in! I currently work in RE for a private investor and experience in dealing with various property types from SFRs to larger commercial properties. I am interested in eventually doing my own investing and would like to learn more and meet some like minded individuals. I have been listening the podcast non-stop for the last while, I'm only 15 episodes in so I have a lot to catch up on. 

My first question here is really related to NYC investors, the 5 boroughs are extremely over-priced in my opinion. There is excellent growth in certain areas but to me the numbers do not always substantiate the asking price. What do you do to get around that? How many people here invest in the 5 boroughs? 

I personally am looking into investing in other areas nearby, specifically I am looking at part of central and eastern PA. Anyone here who invests in and around there with any advice? 

Thank you!

Loading replies...