Hello! Newbie moving to the midwest! Looking to connect.

5 Replies

Moving to Missouri from Southern California in November. 

I have my CA real estate license and am testing for the MO license in August. However, I do not care for residential sales and hold a full-time job in the Specialty Food business.  I want to hang my license in Missouri and work part-time within property management for two years until I can test for my Broker's License.

I love property management and have over 15 years of experience with Conventional, LIHTC, Section 8 and Section 236. I have worked for large institutional investors and REITs.

My goal is to build a Buy and Hold Portfolio in Missouri. My long-term goal (within 10 years) is to acquire and rehab, one or two, 50-100 unit Low-Income, Senior Communities. 

I am looking to learn about investing in the mid-west, Missouri in particular and want to connect with other like-minded investors.

@Tracey Racen

Welcome. 

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). You can Google to locate them and go to meetup.com You can do this via phone prior to the move.

I always point to your profession to find out about an area go to IREM.org search for ARM certified property managers. Call 5 ask them what they see expenses running per category per unit. What do they see them selling for per unit, what is the market occupancy rate. What are the market rents? Ask them if they know anything coming up for sale. Great way to pick up some good info and possibly a deal.

You can also search NARPM.org for the RMP (Residential Management Professional) and MPM (Master Property Manager) certified.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you