Austin Texas Newbie!!!!

13 Replies

Hi board! I was in RE for about 7 years about 7 years ago as a buyer and seller agent. Have zero interest in getting back into sales but love RE. Looking to possibly do SMALL investments with home flippers but have no idea how to even begin. Hoping to find like minded individuals who can get me started with networking. I am not even sure if there is a market for someone like me that wants to start out very small.  Would love to be part of a small group of investors that work with flippers needing cash flow. Looking forward to hearing from y'all!

Originally posted by @Mark Nolan :

@Kim Bishop

BP is full of useful resources such as forums and blogs. Welcome to the Bigger Pockets community-be sure to check out all the awesome BP blogs under “Learn.”

Thank you Mark.

@Kim Bishop

You will definitely want to attend as many local REI MeetUp groups as possible. They are all slightly different...some pure networking, some educational, etc. My MeetUp is held in Westlake at 7pm. Message me if you're interested and I'll send you details to join our group. Most all MeetUps are free to join, including mine.

Hello @Kim Bishop , welcome to BP, and welcome back to RE! I am a rehabber and an investor in San Antonio.  Occasionally, I attend the Investor Underground meeting in the Austin area.  It is held the 3rd Wednesday of each month.  Check out meetup.com for details.  Learn what you can on the BP forums, and ask plenty of questions.

Originally posted by @David Markette :

Hello @Kim Bishop, welcome to BP, and welcome back to RE! I am a rehabber and an investor in San Antonio.  Occasionally, I attend the Investor Underground meeting in the Austin area.  It is held the 3rd Wednesday of each month.  Check out meetup.com for details.  Learn what you can on the BP forums, and ask plenty of questions.

Thanks so much for the info. Will check out the website. 

Welcome, make sure to set up key word alerts for things like JV or lending or flipping. Those might get you pointed in the right direction, you could probably partner (JV) with someone using your cash there sweat kind of deal. Good luck, let me know how it goes. I'm always interested in the money side.

Originally posted by @James L.:

Welcome, make sure to set up key word alerts for things like JV or lending or flipping. Those might get you pointed in the right direction, you could probably partner (JV) with someone using your cash there sweat kind of deal. Good luck, let me know how it goes. I'm always interested in the money side.

Thanks. Where do I set up key word alerts? I need to figure out this board. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you