• Castro Valley, CA
Votes |
Newbie from San Francisco interested in Dallas / Fort Worth

Griffin D.
  • Investor
  • Castro Valley, CA
Posted Aug 2 2015, 12:20

Hi there!

My name is Griffin, and I'm looking to purchase my first real estate investment property in the next year. I'm most interested in long term buy and hold (5 to 20 years) - either single family or small multifamily (1 to 4 units).

I've done research on various markets and am particularly interested in the Dallas / Fort Worth area. I like that it has a strong economy in multiple industries, low unemployment, and great population / job growth. I also have family in the area, and it'll be easy to get a direct flight there to explore and learn the area. I'm planning to either use a turnkey company or work with a recommended real estate agent / property manager from a friend who has invested there.

Are there any other Bay Area investors on here who have experience investing in the Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) area? I'd love to chat / grab coffee to hear your thoughts. Any tips, numbers you expect (aka cash flow, cap rate, etc.), favorite vendors, and recommended neighborhoods would be greatly appreciated!

Griffin

Loading replies...