• Investor
  • Oakmont, PA
Votes |
New From Pittsburgh PA!

Steve Myers
  • Investor
  • Oakmont, PA
Posted Aug 4 2015, 15:27

I joined the site way back when I started listening to the guys on the Podcast.  My name is Steve Myers, 24 years old and I live in the Oakmont area about 20 minutes away from Pittsburgh.  I currently own a security company in the Pittsburgh area and have been around real estate my whole life.  My father has invested in real estate since he was 16 and I grew up helping him occasionally on his properties.  I have seen how well they have helped him in life and want to take my own investing to the next level by buying larger multifamily projects.  

I bought my first project when I was 22 and currently still own it today. It was a tear down on 5 acres of land and I have slowly developed it as I had the money. I am hoping to put it on the market by the end of this year as there is a little more dirt moving to be done.  

My next project was a residential SFH flip that I purchased at the end of 2014. I got lucky and one of the people bidding against me initially contacted my real estate agent mid flip and we put it under contract. While I didn't make a fortune off of the flip I was able to pay for my living expenses at the time. I paid for my education and learned A LOT! I cannot wait to do more and look forward to meeting new people in my area and across the world through Bigger Pockets!!

A big thanks to @Brandon Turner and @Joshua Dorkin for making the Podcasts enjoyable and knowledgeable.  I listen to a ton of podcasts through out the day and I always look forward to theirs.  I have not been too active on the site since I joined but plan to change that now that I am learning to manage my time a little better!  Feel free to ask me anything that has to do with any of your security needs!

Cheers!

Steve

Loading replies...