HVAC tech and Plumber from WNY

3 Replies

Hi there everyone! My name is Bob Band and I'm brand new to real estate. I'm an HVAC tech and licensed plumber from WNY. I'm looking into real estate because I own my father's house and he's getting ready to either move into a medical assistance facility or come live with me. When his house frees up I'm considering renting it instead of selling it outright. Its been in the family for three generations now and I don't really want to see it leave our hands just yet. Because I own the property outright I've got a good amount of equity to work with and I'm planning on leveraging that to buy some other income property after I've fixed the place up and rented it. My main goals for being here are to gain knowledge about real estate and try to become a successful investor. My day job skills will make it much easier to manage properties and reduce costs greatly. I look forward to any connections I make here and always appreciate good tips! Thanks for your time and I hope you're having an awesome day!

Welcome to BiggerPockets! Truly nice to meet you. Good luck going forward!  Hope the best for you going forward in New York!

Podcast: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast

Wrbinars: https://www.biggerpockets.com/webinars

@David Greene and @Brandon Turner has some good ones.

Welcome @Robert Band ! Seems like you've got good plan in place and a good property to give you a head start. I'd just take a look at the numbers to make sure you're not renting out a place that would be better served to be sold and get you a higher ROI.

Best of luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you