• Grand Rapids, MI
Votes |
Investor from West Michigan

Jeff Gebhart
  • Investor
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Posted Aug 14 2015, 07:47

Real Estate Background
Owner of a small real estate investment company called FNG Properties, LLC. We started buying single family homes and then duplexes. We got into the industry right before the big crash. So we got lucky and picked up some property when prices were very low. Wish we would have picked up more! This time has been good to learn what it is to be a good landlord. Service calls, leases, evictions, property maintenance and the guest service side of how to keep good tenants were all areas we learned. Our strategy has been what we call the "Trick or Treat Philosophy". We buy houses only in neighborhoods we would feel safe to take our kids Trick or Treating.

Short Term Goal
Learn more!  Single family homes made sense to us when we started but have since learned that multi-family units and commercial have much better returns.  They just never seemed feasible to purchase before due to the costs.  However since stumbling onto BP I am learning that it is possible to get into bigger deals.  I just need to learn how.  Short term specific goal is to get to double our units (or rental income) by next year.  

Long Term Goal

I want to change the world.  Which means building this company into something that is much bigger than supplying my family with a good sustainable income.  

Loading replies...