• Financial Center Manager
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
New Member Intro

Daniel Miller
  • Financial Center Manager
  • Columbus, OH
Posted Aug 21 2015, 12:33

I am new to the real estate investing world and would consider myself still in the "knowledge building" stage.  My professional career over the last 15 years has given me the knowledge of investing other people's money as well as helping people purchase and refinance homes, so I consider myself somewhat ahead of the curve when it comes to knowing what goes on behind the scenes with real estate investing.  I am currently a Financial Center Manager for a national bank, which has given me the opportunity to have over 7 years experience as a Mortgage Loan Officer and 8 years experience as a Licensed Investment Rep for the bank.  Somehow, after all of that professional experience, I still have a lot of questions and concerns regarding this area of business.  My goals are to build a second income for my family that will replace the lack of a dual income in my household.  I am in what would only be considered as a "hot" market with most homes going for more than asking price in the areas of interest.  The beginning stages of this career is what I am looking to learn about most (ie. first purchase, buy & hold vs. buy & flip, and just the beginning stage fright in general).  I am a "learn before you do" type of person and for my age, extremely conservative when it comes to my own money (mainly because of my two small children that I need to support).  I have already learned more things on this website in the last week than I even knew existed on the topic.  I am looking forward to participating in conversations in the near future.  I think this will help with the "butterflies in my stomach".

Loading replies...