Hi I'm David. I run mall pizzerias and invest in real estate.

5 Replies

I don't know of any food sites like biggerpockets, but that is an excellent idea. I am in malls for many reasons. Foot traffic, whether it's raining or freezing or too hot. People come inside to shop. The rents are also very low these days. And in general, it a challenge to get someone to pull over on the side of the road to your establishment unless you are a national brand. 

@David Swygert Not sure how you feel about investing in PA, but I find deals for sure...Mostly apartment buildings, Cash on cash returns of 10 to 13% and total returns of 25 to 35%....Most of my investors are investing from 50 to 200k....The beauty is they don't have to do anything other than approve the deal, and sign the partnership agreement.  They don't have to worry about tenants, property managers, service calls, etc.

The beauty of apartment buildings is that the value is purely calculated on how well the business does.  Let me know if you are interested and we can chat some more.

I used to own the Rosa Pizza in the uniontown mall in Pa. During my time there I actually bought two duplexes and an old Victorian cash. I still own them. They sit there. I have no interest in investing in Pennsylvania.  I paid 10k for one of the duplexes that produces 10k a year. They are vacanty now. I like Florida. Tourist are great for business.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you