New here, sort of new investing...

3 Replies

Just found this place, and started realizing the potential I'm sitting on ... We bought our house a few years ago in the Los Angeles area, knowing it was a duplex being used as a SFH... We're in an area where people aren't allowed to build new duplexes, but the city still lists ours as a duplex - it's been listed that way since 1950...

When we went to get our mortgage, the bank wanted to turn it into a SFH, but something inside said "no", so our mortgage is on a duplex... After reading things on here, for the first time we're realizing that we could change it back into a duplex, and rent out half of it with very little work...

I think I'm gonna like this place!

@Kevin Bishop

Welcome to BP! Learn, enjoy and network here on BP and in your area. There are tons of information here. Podcasts,webinars, forums ...The key to financial success in real estate is to arm yourself with REAL estate education on to your financial freedom.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you