New Member from Norfolk, VA

4 Replies

Hey everyone, my name is Darren and I am new to the BP community.  I am currently in the process of closing on my first house in Norfolk to live in and rent at the same time.  I am very interested in buy and hold and I am just starting to dive into it more.  My first goal is to get settled and situated with my first property... find a CPA, learn more detail about leasing, depreciation, etc.  In the fall/winter I plan to get more serious about my next property, and by that time I'll have hopefully read a few books and have networked within the community.  My background is engineering and I am a number guys.  I am currently in Business Development for manufacturing company.  I have been able to set up systems and processes for each company I've worked for, so I hope to bring a methodology for when I jump in.  I am also in the process of applying for MBA programs to start in spring of next year, so my plate will be full for some time.

Thanks for reading my post.  Any help with the best way to handle my new house is much appreciated.

@Darren Parzych , welcome to investing in the Hampton Roads area. Sorry, I haven't posted sooner but I'm new to Norfolk and investing as well and I've been busy completing the rehab on my first buy and hold property. Definitely, listen to the podcast. I started listening from the beginning about a month ago and Josh and Brandon do a great job. Also, every show they recommend real estate and business books that you should read. So that can help focus your reading efforts until you start looking for your first deal. Hope to see you out there. 

@darren 

@Darren Parzych welcome to BP. I'm also based out of Hampton Roads. The podcasts and forums are loaded with info. Anything you can think of all you have to do is search and something will be up here about it. Also don't hesitate to contact me when you're ready to purchase your next property.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you